Thursday, February 22, 2024

More Zora Neale Hurston

I finished rereading (I mostly listened to it) Zora Neale Hurston's autobiography Dust Tracks on a Road. She is becoming one of my favorite authors. I must admit. There is a my side bias. A lot of Hurston's opinions align with mine. But still she is a great writer. Her writing is fun and fresh. Her personality leaps off the page at you. She's funny. She's serious. She's well informed. She's a critical thinker. And I think she's well understood, as in I think I know where she's coming from and her biases (somewhat).

I want to read more of her fiction next. Here are a couple excerpts from Dust Tracks Love, Love, Love and Prayer: the Cry of Weaknes. I made this reading list for a couple friends who probably won't read any of it, Zora Neale Hurston Reading List. And here is my reflection from Rereading Their Eyes Were Watching God.


No comments:

Post a Comment